With the economic impact of the pandemic, all of our lives have been affected in one way or another. For some renters, this meant not having the funds to pay rent to their landlords. For some landlords, this meant not receiving the money from their renters to pay their own expenses.

If this is you, we have some good news. The state of CA has designated funds specifically to help renters and landlords with the economic impact of COVID-19 on their rent.

How Does the Rent Relief Program Work?

I’m a landlord.

If you’re an eligible landlord, you can get reimbursed for 80% of your renters’ unpaid rent (if they also qualify for the program) from April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021. You can receive these funds if you agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent.

Find out if you’re eligible here.

I’m a renter.

If you’re an eligible renter whose landlord has chosen not to participate in this program, you can apply on your own and receive 25% of your unpaid rent from April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021.

Find out if you’re eligible here.

How can you get ready and apply?

The Rent Relief Program is not on a first-come-first-served basis. Those who receive funds will be those who have the most economic need, so make sure that you have all the accurate and necessary information when you apply. Here are the things you can do to make sure you’re prepared:

  1. Find out if you’re eligible for the program and make sure you have all the necessary paperwork. Click here if you’re a landlord. Click here if you’re a renter.
  2. Click here to apply for the Rent Relief Program.
accounting services blog post CTA(1)

Focus on running your business. Leave the books to us.

Sign up today for 6 months of of bookkeeping, accounting support, or payroll services, and get 1 month free.

Get 1 Month Free