Calling all Ventura businesses!
Ventura County is offering a second round of Covid relief for local businesses that did not receive funds in the first COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant Program. If you’re business qualifies, you could receive $5,000 to spend on Covid-related expenses. The window for application is currently open and will close on Tuesday, April 13, 2021.
In order to qualify, your business must meet the following requirements:
- Your business was impacted negatively by COVID-19
- Your business did not receive $5,000 distributed in the first round of this program in 2020
- Your business has a physical address and operates in Ventura County
- Your business was open and operating before January 1, 2021
- Your business is currently open or plans to re-open once the COVID restrictions allow
See full eligibility requirements here.
In order to apply for this relief you will need to provide the following documentation:
- A government-issued ID of the business owner
- Tax returns and attachments filed in either 2019 or 2020 (If you are exempt from tax filing, you can provide a Profit and Loss statement instead.)
- Proof of your physical address in Ventura County
- IRS form W-9
- (For Nonprofits): IRS nonprofit determination letter
See full documentation requirements here.
One purpose of this relief program is to serve the under-served businesses in our community. If more eligible businesses apply than there are funds available, priority will be given to the businesses that are:
- Women, Minority, or Veteran-owned businesses
- Businesses located in low- to moderate-income communities
- Businesses with employees
If your business does receive funds from this program, note that you can spend those funds on certain things including paying employees, paying rent, making debt payments, and costs associated with complying with Covid-19 health orders. For a detailed list of eligible and ineligible use of these funds, click here.